Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wide World of Comics

                        When i was younger i always thought there were only American comics mainly Marvel and DC. I never knew that other countries had their own comics save for Japanese manga. My only experience with European comics wasn't till recently in class, the comic i started out with was 2000AD specifically Judge Dredd. I started reading this because i had known about the character for years from thanks to that Horrible Movie adaptation in the 90s and after seeing the recent (1000 times better) remake i wanted to read the stories. So I clicked on the links provided and had at it, and as i read through 2000AD i noticed that these comics were not that different than the American comics i still read. I read on to some of the Nikopol comics began to see other viewpoints and styles in these comics than the superhero comics I'm used to reading. Has these comics converted me to only European comics? no, but i have a better understanding of the world wide comics and take away the fact that some of these stories and characters like Dredd are just as compelling if not more so than the characters I'm used to reading

No comments:

Post a Comment